4.09.2015

Is this thing on?

When Seth was about to turn 1, I realized I'd done a pretty terrible job of recording our memories from the past year. I'd been keeping a journal through a website called OhLife but they went belly up. I'm no good at writing in an actual journal. So I'm returning to what is familiar.

Yes, Seth is now 16 months. So I didn't do a really good job of writing when I felt that urge many months ago. But, here we are. I recently got to do some extra writing for my company blog. And it made me realize just how much I had missed writing.

Off we go.

Seth is almost 16 months. He's walking and talking - baba (anything he drinks from. used to be bottle but now he uses a sippy cup), dada, mama, up, moo (when asked what a cow says. also when asked what any other animal says), gaga (doggy), cag (catch), ball and a lot of other gibberish we haven't made sense of yet.

He loves food like no other (except maybe his dad) and doesn't like when the food comes to and end. He's got big blue eyes. Whenever anyone sees his eyes they say "Wow his eyes are so blue." Their next action is to stare deeply into my very brown eyes, which is never not awkward. I feel like I'm supposed to open my eyes extra wide to give them the answer that "No, those blue eyes did not come from me."

I was home with Seth full-time until he was 9 months. I worked a bit from home with my old company but the projects that came in were fewer and far between. I was kind of looking for other work-from-home opportunities when a research company reached out to me. I figured it wouldn't hurt to figure out what they were all about and went through a rigorous round of interviews and found I really liked the company. And when they gave me a good offer and told me I'd have the chance to work from home a couple days a week, I figured this was one of those "meant to be" situations.

Being back at work has been a great experience and also a hard experience. But Seth is thriving and when I'm not home with him, he's at my wonderful sister-in-law's house so I know he's in good hands.

I feel like this is turning into a Christmas letter where you get updates on each member of the family. So I guess Jason's next? He's still working in financial sales and genuinely enjoys going into work every day. So that's a win.

And Grizz the dog is huge. 170 the last time we weighed him. He was promptly put on a diet but I swear he only lost weight that first week and has completely plateaued since. So I'm estimating that he is now 160? The moral of the story is, bullmastiffs are already large but Grizz is particularly large for a bullmastiff. But he's generally a good dog and Seth loves him so I tolerate him and his mess of slobber and shedding and poop. (Who am I kidding. I don't pick up his poop.)

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Grizz sounds epic, your son sounds adorable, and your work sounds fulfilling. It's nice to have an update. I should really get around to updating my blog one of these years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,
    I'm glad you're back to blogging. I love to read your writing.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete