5.03.2013

Buffalo Chips



Oh Buffalo Chips you delicious devils, you. Have any plans to make a weekend treat? No? Well, now you do. Yes? Forget them. Make this instead.


Buffalo chips
Fudge
Put in microwavable bowl and melt:
12 oz. of chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 T butter

Stir in and then set aside:
2 t vanilla

Cookie
Cream:
1 c butter
2 c sugar

Mix in:
2 eggs
1 t vanilla

Fold in:
2 1/2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt

Lastly add:
3 c quick rolled oats

Pat 2/3 of dough into bottom of a 13x9 pan. Pour fudge over dough and spread out. Then drop pieces of dough on the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. DO NOT EAT IMMEDIATELY. If you do plan on eating immediately, bake longer. 

Personally I think these are best on the second day after they've really had time to cool and set, but my father-in-law likes them straight out of the oven. They are a goopy mess. The experts would not recommend this. And I think I've earned the "Buffalo Chip Expert" title. I can see the gravestone now. "Loving wife, Cherished Daughter, Buffalo Chip Expert"

4 comments:

  1. This is so not on my healthy eating plan...I think I may make it anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuummmm :) I am so fan of baking gooda :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and it's soo darn cute!!
    I am following you now, can you follow me back?
    http://itislovelyfood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wht in the world are they called Buffalo Chips? lol

    ReplyDelete