5.15.2013

A Lousy Picture is Worth About 348 Words


My cute sister-in-law's mother embroidered this cute towel to wrap my tortillas in to keep them warm. Isn't she the cutest? There is a slight language barrier so when she brought this up to me, it took me a second to realize it was for me. "Por mi?" I said. And she laughed and nodded and didn't correct me or anything. Haha. It basically made my week.
 
Did you know that tres leches cake is the easiest dessert in the world. Step one) Bake a cake. Step two) Poke a bunch of holes in it. Step 3) Pour evaporated milk, half and half, and sweetened condensed milk all over it. Step 4) Chill. Step 5) Cover in whipping cream or cool whip and maybe even some strawberries and eat!

Jason and I went to see Gatsby at a new theater last week. This is one of those theaters where each pair of seats has a table, and a menu, and order cards, and pens, and lots of leg room, and waiters, and really really good food delivered right to you. Because we are idiots and ate before we went (they serve burgers and pizza and even steak!), we just got dessert. A strawberry balsamic milkshake (what?! exploded head) and freshly baked cookies. I wouldn't go there for every movie, but it was definitely a worthwhile experience. (Also, before the previews, they show old movies, which is quite fabulous.) And as for Gatsby, it's been said already, but it can afford to be said again. The soundtrack... The soundtrack....... THE SOUNDTRACK!!!!

Guess who took his very last final yesterday and is a full-fledged Economics grad. Jason. That's who. We found an amazing Japanese steakhouse and sat ourselves right in front of that teppanyaki grill, refusing to move until we thought it might actually be impossible to move from the food comas we ate ourselves into. Mushy stuff about how proud of him I am, and how amazing he is, and handsome, and funny, and kind, and forgiving, and a genu-ine gentleman. I love him.

*Yeah, exactly 348 words. I counted.

8 comments:

  1. Love those sorts of theaters! And if they have a brewery attached like the one in my home town, then it's an added bonus!
    xox
    Giedre
    www.walkingdotphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! So much to be happy for! Congrats to Jason! Oh and how cute what your dad posted above! Lucky girl!

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Jason! Graduation is such a great event! And that tres leches cake? I think died a bit realizing all the dairy that goes into it. (I know it's "three milk" but I only drink skim or maybe 1% so all that fat dairy...oh...and of course I will continue to eat and love tres leches cake/donuts.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where would I find such a theater? That is like...fantasy. We almost saw Gatsby, but chose Iron Man 3 instead. Wish there'd been waiters and balsamic strawberry milkshake.

    Congrats, Graduate. Yay! Lynaea @ EveryDayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks delicious! I had no idea it was that easy to make. I'll be making one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete