4.30.2013

The headache drove me to rhyming madness

She read too much too quickly.
They told her she should stop.
For if she kept on going
Her eyes would likely pop.

The slow and steady pounding
Came rumbling through her mind.
She turned the very last page
And knew that it was time.

For if she kept on reading
She'd go through them too quick,
And wouldn't have those stories
Left for her Spanish trip.

To real life, I now return
So the migraine will go away.
But don't hold your breath or wait for long.
I don't intend to stay.

--
You guys. My head hurts. Luckily, I'm 10th on the wait list for my next book. So it looks like I'll be forced to take a little breather. Now, I'll have to figure out what to do with myself in the evenings. Like workout. Or bake. Maybe both so they cancel each other out. 

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. Never know what to expect, but its always good! You're much like your dad, but this poem clearly shows you're a little like your mom.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. or come hang out with us on thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete