3.11.2013

Three is a crowd

It was a perfect storm. I’m not quite sure how it came about. Jason went to the Denver Nuggets game on Saturday with a friend. So I had a girls night… party of one. In between watching episodes of Pretty Little Liars (I’m weirdly addicted to that show), I made myself a cake. Not to eat of course. Just to make. Do you ever bake things just to bake them? It's one of my favorite activities.

I couldn’t just leave that bare little cake sitting there. It looked so naked and sad. So on Sunday, I made some of Dad’s best frosting. After dinner, I treated myself to a little piece. Really, the cake is just a carrier for the frosting. Even a graham cracker will do. Naturally, it was delicious.

Then, we headed over to a friend’s house for a birthday celebration where I was met by a homemade chocolate satin pie. It would have been rude of me to not eat a piece. I was only trying to be a gracious guest. Naturally, it was delicious.

Jason and I had a few things we needed to drop off at his parents’ house. So we called up his dad and told him we were going to stop by. My mother-in-law is out of town, so we laughed when my father-in-law said he was in the middle of making some fondue. Seeing as he had been home alone all week we thought it would be kind of us to sit down and join him for dessert. Have you ever turned down strawberries and chocolate? Neither have I. Naturally, it was delicious.

Three desserts. Cake. Pie. Fondue. One night. I have no regrets.

12 comments:

  1. I feel like everyone I know was at that game! AND I totally share your PLL addiction, and I'm not ashamed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. three desserts in one night sounds like my kind of night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! 3 desserts sound wonderful! New follower from GFC link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it the kids are saying these days - YOLO? Well, if I was hip enough I would remind you that "you only live once" or something equally as justifying.

    So, congratulations on your perfect storm. It sounds delicious.

    The Brayn of Chalayn

    P.S. I tagged you in my fives today. You certainly don't have to write your own but need I remind you, YOLO. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I wouldn't regret it either. I baked cupcakes just to bake them yesterday. Who can say no to funfetti?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL This post cracked me up for some reason. Probably because I do the same exact thing you do. Three desserts in one night, no problem at all!!

    And yes, I bake things all the time just to do it.

    Following you from today's link up! Loving your blog!

    xo, Ashley @ Horseshoes and Pearls
    horseshoesandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I probably wouldn't have turned them down either. You can always make up for it later...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a fantastic day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, your blog is wonderful and very interesting. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ate an ice cream sandwich, cake and ice cream AND drank a root beer float on Sunday. I was not sorry. Sometimes you just need sugar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i bake all the time because i hate just sitting and watching things on tv. i need to be doing something at the same time and that's usually baking. and then i push half of whatever i baked on other people. and eat half by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this-a girl after my own heart! I found you through Aloha Blog Hop and am now following. Hope you stop by and say hi :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete