3.06.2013

Love/Hate Relationships

I've been meaning to do another one of these posts, but I could only come up with things I hate. What does that say about my character? I promise I'm generally an optimistic person. So I'm just going to wing the love section today.

Love
1// My Capri Blue Volcano Candle. It moves with me throughout the house. The coffee table while watching shows, the night stand while laying in bed, the corner of the bathtub while enjoying a soak.
2// I guess that brings me to point number 2. Baths. Baths are great.. when the ultimate purpose is not to actually get clean. Baths are great went the purpose is to get warm. However, even though our bath is unusually large for an apartment, (As is our bathroom. I can literally do cartwheels in there. Literally. And I do not use that word unless it actually means literally.) it's still not quite big enough to actually keep one's entire self warm all at once. My dream house has a big bathtub and a fireplace. Those are my only two requirements. Apparently I'm a really cold person.
3// The fact that winter finally showed up in Colorado, and we've gotten quite a few snow storms in the last month. (We had some cold days but most of our winter was sunny and ventured up in to the 60s)

Hate
1// The fact that winter finally showed up in Colorado, and we've gotten quite a few snow storms in the last month. (Yeah yeah, the white was great and cozy. But now I'm ready for warm weather.)
2// Missed belt loops. Missed belt loops on me. Missed belt loops on you. Aren't they just the worst? Is it wrong of me to have a very strong desire to go and tell people when they've missed a belt loop? Do they even care?
3// The fact that I conduct insane amounts of electricity. I have shocked Jason so terribly when he's come to give me a kiss that we jumped back, grabbing our lips while wincing in pain. It has happened so frequently that I've taken to tapping his shoulder or cheek before we kiss to ensure that the lips do not suffer the brunt of the shock. Because shocked lips are the worst!

10 comments:

  1. #3 on your hate list LITERALLY has happened to Ben and I so many times. Now he grabs my hand before he kisses me...every time...in fear of getting shocked. Weird.
    Secondly, I love that candle. It's so warming and homey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you lived in Colorado! I love it there! But yes, i'm so done with winter!! Here's to hoping for better weather!

    Melissa
    amileinherboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Yes, I hate when I see someone with a missed belt loop and I can't tell if it would be wrong of me to bring it to their attention. I find myself mindlessly touching my belt loops throughout the day just to make sure that I haven't missed one!
    XO, Rachel
    With Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I just shared a "shocking" kiss with my little gal earlier today. Luckily, it hasn't dissuaded her from giving me kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh i HATE shocked lips. it tends to happen more during the winter. but ugh its just not fun. and the fact that its usually me that feels it and not the boyfriend. so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the missing belt loops! Hate it when that happens to me!

    http://sincerelymesydney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I scuff my feet and generate a lot of electricity, too! It usually happens at work, though, when I shock someone as I shake their hand. SO embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your correct use of "literally". I also believe a house should have a large bathtub and a fireplace. My tub is pathetic and tiny and I keep my space heater going the whole time I'm in there.

    And what's with the shocking phase?! I went through one a while back and it was so awful. Shocked lips are crummy but I usually got electrocuted by my car door handle.

    The Brayn of Chalayn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it's not supposed to be funny, but I just tried to imaging you kissing as in the last part and I just start laughing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you through the GFC linkup and I do the same.exact.thing when it comes to avoiding the "sparks" (as I like to call them) when I kiss my husband. I usually run my hand the entire way down his face just to make sure. Love your blog...new follower :)

    ReplyDelete