3.12.2013

Five Things


Tagged by Erica and then Chalayn. So here goes.

1// I grew up playing a lot of sports. Basketball, field hockey, and lacrosse. When my family moved from Connecticut to California, that all came to a crashing halt. Well.. field hockey and lacrosse came to a halt because the west coast lacked these east coast sports at the time. Basketball came to halt because I'm 5'4. Clearly my young dreams of playing in the WNBA weren't meant to be. So I took up dancing more for physical activity.

2// I think the bra was created by someone who wanted to suppress my people. And by suppress, I mean support. And by my people, I mean women. But seriously, bras are the worst. I hate them and try to wear them as little as possible. (Basically all of my late night runs to the grocery store are free and easy.)

3// I have a super sniffer. (Any Psych fans out there?) Nothing gets passed my nose, ever. It's a real shame that this heightened sense is pretty useless.

4// I'm a quarter Mexican. And three-quarters Danish. So I think it cancels that out. There is nothing about me that would give you a hint to my mexican-ness except for my super awesome accent. My freshman year of high school, I won first place in a statewide Spanish Poem Recitation competition. Word.

5// I grew up in a very musical family. We were basically the Von Trapps.  I sing. And play the piano. For our wedding, I wrote Jason a song and played it at our reception. Tender! I already have a very specific shopping list for when we finally buy a house. First, a dog. And second, a piano. A kitchen table isn't very high on the list of priorities.

Tagging: Marisa, Lindsay, Krystal, Merrick, & Tiffany

20 comments:

  1. -New follower from blog link up.
    Haha said true about bras. I prefer not-to-wear them while having a peaceful sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat! Thanks for sharing! It's always nice learning something new about the girl behind the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I despise bras. I mean, I can't really think of anything I do on a daily basis for myself that is better than taking my bra off. And with this second pregnancy? I wear a bra as little as possible. Just being honest!

    And the super sniffer? Psych minor here. That made me laugh. I think I smell things better when I'm pregnant... So when I have to clean up my dogs "stuff" outside? VOMIT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I too agreed about bras, come 5 you better not expect these babies to be held up to your standards! Also, we too are super musical, my dad can play every instrument but dislikes the guitar. He used to own a music repair shop! Aaaand, I play the trumpet, we have a community band and in the summer we go to parades, drink beer and play for the lovelies. Total blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind the bra, because without it I would just sag too much. But I despise bra shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I feel like we grew up in similar families :) Thanks for sharing!

    http://sincerelymesydney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Embrace your Mexican heritage! :) I wish I had something in me - I'm just white white white. And you can tell when I try to speak in Spanish because I can't trill my R's at all.

    I'm looking forward to when you get a dog so I can e-stalk him or her.

    The Brayn of Chalayn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha I totally remember driving up the hill on Skiff street with you and my mom in the car and talking about how I thought I needed to start wearing a bra and you were just like, "PUT IT OFF! It's like wearing a seatbelt all day long!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! I don't remember that. But it sounds like I haven't changed much.

      Delete
  9. Oh man. If I didn't HAVE to wear a bra (I'm a 32G), I wouldn't! So jealous you can get away without one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband is a super sniffer too!!! Which causes me to wear a lot less perfume because just a hint is too much for him. Boo!!

    You're freaken hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!! Now to work on my five!! Thank you for tagging me!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! And basically the second we have any space at all (darn teeny DC living spaces), I want a piano.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely clean blog.
    New follower via GFC blog hop. Nice to meet you!

    And hope you can help me win these paper crafting tools too
    http://crochetmyheartblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/vote-for-me-3rd-best-bud.html

    Thanks! Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to wear one especially now that I'm older, but I agree! I'm your newest follower from the GFC hop.

    http://ravensorganiclife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agreed, bra free is better!!

    Newest follower from the GFC hop!

    Ange from Hairspray and High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate bras! BUT I do not have the courage to walk around free-boobing it :)

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  16. the first thing i do when i go home is take off my bra. then i can finally breathe!

    and yes, i've seen psych and yes, i have a super sniffer as well. for better or for worse. usually worse.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fun to read! Everyone called my family the Von Trapps, too (but I can't write music). Lucky that you have those talents!

    ReplyDelete
  18. From one 1/4 Hispanic to another (PR grandma): Thanks for the bloglovin tip! :)
    I am currently watching season 3 of Psych and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty sure I laughed more than once reading this, mostly because of the bra statement. I feel like most women can't wait to snatch their bra off at the end of the day, proclaiming freedom! I too played basketball, from 4th grade-1st yr of college. I miss it for sure, but I'm short too and not going to the WNBA! Super cute pic of you! First time on your blog from the blog hop. New bloglovin' follower :-)
    Adrienne
    http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete