2.27.2013

Purrrple


I have a confession. I wear purple eyeliner. It’s quite the journey that brought me to where I am today. I am what they call a “lazy” person. I’d rather sleep longer or take a longer shower than devote much time to doing my hair and makeup.  I’ve never been much of a makeup wearer anyway, which is a shame because I hear it does wonders with making your face look good.

Most of my beauty habits have evolved from places of convenience. Like the lion hair I sported senior year of college. I convinced myself that messy frizz was in so I followed the very detailed instructions of showering at night, rising in the morning, spritzing with Fekkai Curl Spray and running out the door. I’ve also been known to use Bare Minerals religiously because I’m “allowed” to sleep in it. Washing your face is overrated.

Well on the occasion that I happened to get some eyeliner on my face, I noticed that the Stila liner I was using was causing some serious smearage on my lid. While rummaging through my unorganized makeup drawer, I came across a Tarte purple shadow stick I received in my stocking one year. It had remained unused because a) I don’t wear eye shadow and b) I definitely don’t wear purple eye shadow. I’m not really sure what urge came over me but I decided to use it as my eyeliner. It started small and light. You couldn’t tell it was even a color. But eventually Jason started calling it my “Rockies eyeliner” in honor of his favorite baseball team. If Jason can tell that it’s purple, everyone can tell that it’s purple. And now it’s almost gone. So… do I go buy myself more? Is purple eyeliner acceptable? Or does your vote lean towards slightly trashy?

>>I look extra liony next to my sister’s perfect curly hair.
>>You can’t even see the purple can you? That’s unfortunate.

15 comments:

  1. Oooh I should definitely try purple eyeliner... since it's my favorite color and all.

    I'm glad that we were able to co-host the blog hop! I'm your newest follower. :)

    Les
    leslyni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use purple eyeliner too, it's quite beautiful. I think it's different and edgier than brown, but softer than black! I highly recommend the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Eggplant - it's a little more work than a pencil but creates such a pretty eye look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use purple eyeliner also! So I say "go for it!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock that purple!

    p.s. Hope this isn't creepy, but I just realized I know your family-I spent my teen years in your parents ward, Caitlin and I were Laurels together! Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making me want to wear purple eyeliner. I now know I've been boring in black for too long! ;)

    Also, do you have the courage to wear lipstick? I have friends who wear nothing but lip color. I've pasted on my red lipstick a few times (and want to more often than that) but I feel like everyone is staring at my fake colored lips... silently judging me.

    The Brayn of Chalayn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eyeliner is the perfect way to go if you're not into wearing much makeup. It's quick and easy to apply and fun colors help keep it interesting. Purple will look very nice but a pretty green will really enhance your brown eyes! (At least, I think they are brown.) :)

    www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get more. My friend used purple liner and it looked fabulous. I'm also known to use blue every now and then. It's fun to shake it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sad for mt dark colors like purple and blue do not show up very well with my dark skin :-(

    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
    http://infinitelifefitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a personal vendetta against purple. That being said, it is one of the most universally flattering eyeshadow shades. From what I can see in the pic, it suits you. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stick with the purple. I wish I was that brave. I wear dark brown, blah boring!!

    Mendy
    http://1crazydaisy3pokeyjoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think purple eyeliner is trashy! I bought some teal mascara (yes, you read that correctly) a few months ago, and I have a feeling that was a bad idea -- although in my defense, it's very subtle and not bright teal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stick with purple! It's great and simple, and gives you that pop. I'm currently wearing dark green because it goes with my red hair, and have gotten loads of compliments. Stick to it!

    Yaya @ www.dreamitdarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I only wear purple eyeliner. Black looks way too drastic, to me. Purple is a softer, blends better with my coloring, I think. Of course, I also have purple hair so maybe I'm not the best one to give advice....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't tried purple, but I do wear teal when I need a pick-me-up. I love the pop of color!

    I'm a new follower.

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog...I'm following yours now too! And just to add in my vote - purple works for you! My theory is that bold makeup adds personality, as long as it's in moderation. When I'm not feeling too lazy, lip color is the way I go. :)

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete