2.11.2013

Nerd Alert

Do you ever stare at a glass from your parent's home and wonder how someone would perceive it who was looking at it for the first time?

Do you ever look at a pattern or image and instead of seeing the dominant part you bring the white space or background into focus as though that was the main image?

Do you ever close your eyes at night but then realize that your eyes are too focused and alert and it just hurts to have your eyelids cover them?

Do you ever wonder if we all really see different colors but no one knows it because we've all agreed that the shade of red is red even though my red is really your purple?


Yeah... me neither.

13 comments:

  1. YES! Especially the seeing different colors.

    http://sincerelymesydney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I never did and now I do! The color one is kind of trippy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have always wondered about the color one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder about the color one all.the.time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to the last one, ever since I listened to this Radiolab podcast: http://www.radiolab.org/2012/may/21/

    Totally fascinating stuff. You'd probably love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that post really made me smile :) now you have me thinking these things..:) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think about the last one all of the time, especially when I say something is blue and the bf thinks it's green.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. You've got yourself a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have DEFINITELY wondered about the color thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I definitely can relate to not wanting to close my eyes at night! For me, it might be too much coffee!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am now a new follower of yours!

    xo,
    jessica
    http://thedoilyduck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do the color thing more so now that my son has been diagnosed as color blind. It was a huge adjustment for us. We have to discuss what color something is to him so we can know to call that color the next time.

    :)
    Mendy
    http://1crazydaisy3pokeyjoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sometimes think about colors and how other people see them (and whether they see them the same way I do). And I often find I am WAY too hopped up for bed and can't get my eyes to calm down. :)

    ReplyDelete