1.17.2013

Shoeseses


I didn't marry Jason for his fashion sense. That's for dang sure. But I will say that I love his taste in shoes. (Apparently, so do cops.)
A couple weeks before Christmas, I decided I wanted to get a pair of classic New Balance sneakers. I kid you not, the very next day when I came home from work, Jason said to me, "I really want a pair of classic New Balance sneakers." If that isn't precious, well then you just don't know what's what. Obviously, we're meant for each other. Because a couple that wears matching shoes, stays together. Or something like that.
Since I'm a good wife, I got Jason some New Balance sneakers for Christmas. And because I'm a jealous shoe-loving woman, I bought myself a pair this week. I just really wanted to be in with the cool kids. (The cool kids in this situation being Jason. Who really isn't that cool but apparently he was a big deal in middle school.) Now the debate has begun as to which pair is more boss than the other. (Are the cool kids saying "boss" these days?) And so far, there is 1 vote for the green ones, and one vote for the blue ones. Anyone want to settle the score?


While we're on the topic of shoes, I posted this picture to Instagram the other day and this was the conversation that followed.

Oh Jason, silly me. Of course she was asking about YOUR shoes.

13 comments:

  1. hahah LOVE that he got in the convo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your riding boots here! Haha. And funny comment about the shoes.

    New follower from Aloha Friday

    jessica
    www.littlemapleleaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am a new follower from the blog hop! Your name caught my eye so I thought I would come check out your blog. I am excited! Your blog seems very fun and I look forward to reading more!

    Mary
    theadventurewagon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower stopping by from the aloha blog hop :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these sneakers! You have a great blog! I'm following... would love it if you followed back :) xoxo

    www.fashionmavenmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Found you via the GFC :) New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Im you newest follower via GFC. Visit me.

    Vickie
    OhAbbyDay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your writing style! :)

    www.kotrynabass.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im being seriously honest here... Your shoes would have to be more "boss" than your husbands.

    Im addicted to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Great story. I like NB! So I guess it's also good news for me since my husband and I have matching converse!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the same thing with my husband! His style isn't much to talk about (t-shirt, zip up hoodie, jeans) but his shoes are always great! He just picked out a navy blue and neon green pair. I don't know where it comes from. While he's never had a cop compliment his shoes like your husband, the father of a groom did stop to tell him "cool shoes" while he was walking down the aisle. During the wedding!
    Chalayn

    ReplyDelete