1.30.2013

Pinter-risk


There should be a Pinterest sub-site just for recipes called Pinter-risk. Because making some of those recipes are risky business. Ha. Ha. Oh boy. Lame jokes aside, some of those recipes are straight up terrible. So I am always thrilled when I find a successful one. And it especially makes my day when the cookie-dough and the cookie-baked are equally good. That is a rarity, my friends. I tweaked the recipe a smidgen. I do that with most of my cookie recipes. For fun. And cause it makes me feel like I'm living on the edge.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened 
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Follow the usual cookie protocol. Cream fat and sugars. Add in eggs one at a time followed by vanilla. Mix dry ingredients in separtate bowl and then add in. Do not overmix. Add in oats. Add in chips. Baking optional. If you choose to do so, preheat oven to 325 degrees, and bake for 12 minutes.

And if those aren't the laziest directions you've ever read, you obviously aren't reading a lot of recipes.

10 comments:

  1. It looks terribly YUMMY . My family is becomin' Pinterst-holic and I'm seriously worried :D
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! pinter-risk is the funniest. but I am definitely going to try this recipe--oatmeal + chocolate chip is my fave.

    love your blog! especially the stories and quotes from Jason...seems like he would get along quite well with my goofy husband :)

    happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look amazaballs... and yes laziest directions ever but surley if you are making a foray into pinterest cooking you should have the basics down right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pinter-risk :) thanks for stopping by, i'm following you back! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy! :) Followed back Rebecca! Lovely blog!
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good lord that looks GOOD!! I am on a diet and will be avoiding even looking at this recipe until I am rid of my baby weight....only half a stone to go so it can wait...ha ha...geddit. Oh nevermind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. Sometimes I think Pinterest likes to put me in my place every so often by luring me into a recipe or craft that ends in disaster...but the ones that work out are amazing! So glad to have found your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Great post. I found you through the give a way.Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out.
    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/02/weekly-goals-5.html Thanks again
    Lenetta

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so a cookie dough nit for me. Kids are not making this night an easy going one, and I have a paper to write. Thanks for sharing. I actually feel better about eating oatmeal cookie dough than ccc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! love this post, glad i found you on the Thursday Hop.
    I'm your newest follower!
    Stop by some time.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete