1.28.2013

Love/Hate Relationships

Things I Really Hate:
- Clipping my finger nails. Maybe I'm alone on this. But I loathe clipping my finger nails. It makes me all tense, and I get anxiety. It just always hurts. And I hate the way they feel afterwards. I just really really hate fingernail clippers. Emery boards all the way!
- The word "lover." Just gross, Okay people? And with Valentine's Day around the corner, I feel like I'll be hearing a lot of it. And probably vomiting a little bit every time.
- Loading the dishwasher. I don't know. I just really hate getting my hands dirty. So after every two dirty dishes I touch, I wash my hands with soap. Which means I wash my hands over 10 times when loading the dishwasher. Now, I will happily unload the dishwasher all day long. Cause those babies are clean.

Things I Really Love:
- The sound of a big metal library stamp. Please tell me you are familiar with this sound. It is a thing of beauty. And it was that sound alone that made me want to be a librarian when I grew up. Just so I could use that stamp. And then things went all electronic and my dreams were dashed.
- Peanut butter & chocolate. My love is so strong for this combination that it has forced me to hate Nutella. Because it should be a chocolate-peanut butter spread, and not a chocolate-hazelent spread. Hate me all you want, but it's just not cutting it.
- Any TV show made by AMC. Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Mad Men. The best. All of them. AMC can do no wrong.

18 comments:

  1. ah yes, "lover" is definitely a gagger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Lover! I only like that word if its used to make fun of itself. Otherwise, it's a tad creepy. Visions of hot tubs and Will Ferrel.

    I love Walking Dead! Come on, February!

    www.mommacandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew, I'm with you on the clipping of finger nails. Gross!

    http://youneverseemtorunoutofthingstosay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like we're the same person! Same loves and hates! haha! :) Cool blog btw! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found my blog so that I could find yours! Loving reading thru the archives. Although, we're gonna have to do something about this Nutella aversion... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sweet comment!
    I agree with you 100% about Breaking Bad and the brilliant combination of peanut butter + chocolate (ever dip your Oreos in peanut butter? mmm). But, girl, come on. How can you hate Nutella? Say it isn't so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too hate nail clipping day...so gross feeling for at least a day or two after!

    Also- too funny about the library stamp! I wanted to be an elementary school teacher when I was young since writing on the projector with a vis-a-vis was SO COOL.

    Glad you find my blog so I could find yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would much rather load the dishwasher than unload it!!! LoL

    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
    http://www.infinitelifefitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES to the sound of the library stamp!!! (I also love the sound of turning pages and library-whispers and the riffling of index cards in the card cabinets...)

    Thank you for the lovely comment you left earlier today...following back! Loving what I've read so far, and wishing you snow in the near future...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate "lover" too. My cousin is constantly posting things on FB referring to her "lover" and it drives me nuts. Is it really too difficult to just say husband?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebecca with an R reminds me of Anne with an E.

    So glad you found my blog because it means I found yours!

    Lover is definitely gag worthy but I also have an aversion to "babe" makes me cringe every time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha the "lover" thing cracks me up!! I am friends with a girl on facebook whose spouse passed away a few months ago and she posts things like "_____, my sweet lover, I miss you", I don't think that is FB appropriate.

    Chocolate and PB all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always used scissors to cut my nails, because I don't like clippers or nail files, either. And personally, I'd rather wash dishes than take all the time to load and unload the dishwasher....I'm convinced it actually takes less time, but I've never lived in a house with a dishwasher, so I might just be thinking that to comfort myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing blog, really nice post. stunning pics! I'm ur new follower.
    Don't forget to visit my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clicked over from Camp Patton and see you are also in Colorado so I had to say HI :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never thought about it but that book stamp sound in the library is great! Do they even still use those? I feel like I haven't seen one in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I literally laughed out loud just now! It bothers me when people say "lover" too, I have no idea why though?! lol and chocolate & peanut butter may have been the greatest idea ever. I live for hershey Reese's! Thanks for visiting my blog today! I'm now following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm here from Merrick's Art and a new follower! Your blog is so cute. The book stamp sound totally reminded me of "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" when the Italian librarian is stamping books while they're gouging the floor with a stand so they can crawl beneath the building. Hopefully someone remembers that! :)

    ReplyDelete