7.30.2012

Snail Pace Race

Jason and I are very different in a lot of ways. But there is one difference in particular that causes me great pain. I am an assertive walker. And Jason is a leisurely walker. That boy can mosey with the best of them. It is totally absurd that my 5'4 self can traverse an area in half the time his 6'4 self can. If he were to walk at his normal pace on one of the airport moving walkways and I were to walk at my normal pace next to that moving walkway, I would win that race every time.. It wouldn't even be close. I lose him in crowds all the time. I'm busy bustling and weaving and turn around to see Jason's head bobbing above everyone else with a dumb smile on his face looking like he hasn't a care in the world and has no where to be. Infuriating, I tell you. What good are my incredibly honed walking skills if I have to stop for Mr. Turtle all the time!? Though Jason would probably argue that his moseying skills are impeccable and his fast-walking-wife needs to take a chill-pill. But let's be honest, he wouldn't win that argument.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh you too? It's called the Anderson hustle and well...all of us Anderson kiddos have it. Why can't our married in spouses get the picture???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll walk with Jason any day. Moseying makes me happy. Your dad was the engine, you kids the cars and I was the caboose making sure no cars fell off the track. Often the engine was absurdly ahead of the caboose and the caboose fell far behind. The Anderson way is to get from A to B in the most efficient route. Like Jason I'm OK taking a few extra minutes to do it.

    ReplyDelete