10.07.2010

customer dissatisfaction

tonight was a night for hankerings.  jason had a hankering for a spicy mcchicken sandwich. and since i had a hankering for dingdongs, i really couldn't chastise him for craving mickey d's after dinner. so off we went to walmart. he went to the double arches while i found the snack aisle.  this is not a normal occurrence.  i am all about treats, but they better be homemade baked goods. none of this store bought stuff. but i had decided, yes, i am going to buy myself some hostess goodness, and i am going to eat the whole box.  we walked out of walmart (i feel super white-trashy every time i talk about walmart, but seriously, its about 7 breaths away. yes breaths not breadths.) hand in hand, and bags in hand. once we arrived home i plopped down on our comfy miracle couch and opened my box. i told jason he could have as many as he wanted (thinking he didn't like dingdongs) and he said he wanted all but one. i told him he could have as many as i wanted him to. which was two. you know what i love about dingdongs? (the only thing i remembered from the 2 times i've had them.)  they each come individually wrapped.  like each one is a little present. i unwrapped one and took my first and only joyous bite. alas, these dingdongs were exactly like the cold utah tundra... dry. i choked down the rest of the dingdong, hoping the creme filling would compensate for the obvious dryness but to no avail. i tweeted my disdain. then i ate another one. still no good. jason had one. he was disappointed. i threw the box to the floor. and then i read something interesting on the box. "quality guarantee: HOSTESS is committed to providing quality bakery products. we invite your comments and questions." yeah, i have a question, why are my dingdongs so dang dry?! so i wrote them a little message. which i can't actually remember now.. something about me crying over my failed midnight snack and the fact that i tweeted about the dryness.. i don't know.. but i assure you, 1) it was hilarious by my personally set standards, 2) they might not take me seriously, 3) which is a shame because i really do want a new box. or some hohos instead. cupcakes would be acceptable too.


i will keep you posted on how closely they stand by their guarantee. and now i think i'll go throw this box away, cause i may be tempted to try another one in the morning for breakfast. (you never know.. the rest could still be good.. maybe?)

8 comments:

  1. they're probably so dry because utah's so dry! i'll buy a box tomorrow down here and see if my theory's correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. Alan brought home a box of strawberry twinkies because he had a hankering for them and saw they had this new flavor. We NEVER buy things like this. Once we bit into the little beauties we remembered why. None of those things ever live up to the memory or their cute packaging, do they? That sad box is still in the pantry...months later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUT, I forgot to mention, I was down in Orem on a decor. job and stopped by The Chocolate. I picked up 4 of their mini cupcakes and you are so right! They are delicious. Of course I didn't eat all four but I made my 3 other people share a bite. Delicious. And YES, I think they are tastier than Sweet Tooth Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn those dang dry dingdongs! So disappointing!!! You actually have me laughing out loud right now! You are one funny girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ho ho's are a lot better. not so dry either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hostess is dry in texas as well and houston is super humid! you got their email on hand? lol about to compllain myself haha

    maybe it's just walmart, but they have an expiration date dont they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...I miss Yodels. Almost forgot they exist. Hostess cupcakes are my hankering of choice when I can't make cookies or Lynnette's delcious Chocolate Breakfast Bundt Cake! In fact, I'm making it today. mmmgood.

    ReplyDelete