2.25.2010

three word thoughts



he asked me
i said yes
never been happier
so in love

yes, it's true. jason and i are engaged. here's the story:

we decided to go out to our favorite little dessert place, the chocolate. we ordered our tasty treats. jason got the chocolate peanut butter cookie. i got a delicious cake called "the husband." there was no room down stairs so we went upstairs to find a place to sit. there was this little room off to the side that was secluded. we walked back there and there was a quaint little white table next to a window that was lit up with tiny white lights. the table had two vases of a dozen red roses (which i didn't think anything of because every table there has fresh flowers on it) there was also a classic looking book on the table (which i thought nothing of because the chocolate is decorated oh so charmingly.. i just assumed it was part of the decorations.)  so we sit down, and jason says, "oh look, your favorite book" i now see that it is "a tale of two cities" which is in fact my very favorite book [see profile]. so jason starts thumbing through the pages and gets to the first chapter where we find a heart shape cut out of the book and resting inside... the most beautiful ring. jason proceeded to say some things which i'm sure where lovely but i was too excited to pay attention and then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. he already had the ring on my finger before i said yes. and there it will remain.

i've never felt so happy, so in love. i've been in love before but not like this. nothing has ever felt so right, so perfect. i didn't know it could feel like this but it sure can, and it sure does.  i thought february 24th would be a great day... guess what. it was






15 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! We are soooo excited for you both! Congratulations and I love the story and just so happy for you and that you are happy. It feels good doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, Jason stole all the romantic genes from our family.

    So happy to have you as one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omygoshomygoshomygoshomygoshomygosh! I'm so excited! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooooo whoooo for being happy and in love! We are so excited for you. When is the big day? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS LADY! You guys look amazing together and I love you and am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyyyy!!! May you both live "happily ever after"! Congratulations, Sweetie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We couldn't be happier!!!! One more daughter in law I can beat in Nertz! (Okay, just kidding)! Rebecca, we love you and are so happy you're going to be in our family. The fit is perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!!!! Thanks for sharing the news. By the way, I am happy I scheduled dinner with you before you became the "IT" couple to have over for dinner! We must do it soon! Love, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebecca! I am staring at the computer screen jumping up and down (or rather I was before I started typing)...Congratulations and here's to happiness!

    Ben Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats so great becca!!! im so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Rebecca and Jason, What GREAT news. Congratulations to both of you. I can't wait to meet you, Rebecca. I am one of Pam's crazy friends!!!
    Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Rebecca... I am so happy for you, and even more for him!! We wish you two all the happiness in the world. I love you tons.

    xoxoxoxo,
    Felisha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca!!! I am so behind the times! I'm very, very, very excited for you both. Congrats! (I love the ring btw.) I can't wait to tell Dan as soon as he gets home tonight. That pic of you two is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited Rebecca! We knew Jason would find a cute girl, but we had no idea he would find someone as AMAZING as you are. We are such a lucky family! Oh, and BTW, I'm so so so so sorry that my kids got you sick just in time for your NY trip, hope you are all better now. Don't worry, I punished my kids for their misbehavior ;).

    ReplyDelete